My week in photos is a weekly post where I share some of the photos that I took during the week that (mostly) didn't make it to my Instagram feed. I'm always looking for ways to improve my photography skills and welcome any comments.
1. My brother and I went to Café Rio for lunch. I love that they make their tortillas from scratch in the store. I don't love that they are frought with danger for me. Can you believe they even heat up the taco tortillas in butter?! I, of course, had to ask them not to do that and there were lots of other things that I couldn't eat. I might have to stick with Chipotle since they are mostly safe (with the obvious exceptions).
2. My jalepeno plant is taking off. I've never grown one before and it's neat to see the differences between it and the tomato plant.
3. Our grocery haul for the week. As I'll talk about more next week, my mother-in-law and I are in a grocery budget challenge for the month of September. So far, strategizing our groceries has actually been fun.
4. One of the downfalls of our major jamming experiment two weeks ago was that the plum jam didn't completely solidify. Thankfully, the Internet came to the rescue and I learned how to redo jam. I also learned a few tricks like putting a small amount of jam on a cold spoon to see if it solidfies to the desired consistency.
5. Part of the food budget challenge is making the most of what we have in our refriderator and with that I present to you "struggle rice." I made fried rice with the chinese leftovers and some scrambled eggs. It turned out surprisingly well.
6. I found this prickly pear cactus on our walk during the weekend.
How did your week go?