My week in photos is a weekly post where I share some of the photos that I took during the week that (mostly) didn't make it to my Instagram feed. I'm always looking for ways to improve my photography skills and welcome any comments.
1. Just my cat hanging around on his cat tree. He's a little surly in this picture.
2. I've been composting for about a month or so now and recently learned that I must add "browns" such as paper and cardboard to the compost. Otherwise, the composter is too wet and can (or my case did) attract gnats. Not to worry, the situation is about under control and I found a new purpose for all of those student papers and notes that I no longer need.
3. This past weekend we were invited to a friend's house to turn their chokeberries into jam. I think she thought that I already knew how to can. Surprise! I don't, but that's what reading the directions and understanding the basics is for. The chokeberry jam turned out nicely. The plum jam needs a bit of work as it's a little to runny and came out like a syrup.
4. Any time a recipe calls for carrots, I ask Mr. Smith to by rainbow carrots. They are just as yummy and they add a LOT more color to the dish. This week, I made coq au vin from my new slow cooker cookbook. It was divine.
5. I know that a lot of people don't like black-eyed susans, but I like them quite a bit. I had been meaning to snap these for a few weeks and finally had the chance.
6. This is one of my favorite breakfasts: scambled egg tacos with avocado. I recently learned a better way to make scrambled eggs in coconut oil. The result (after much testing) is always super fluffy scambled eggs.
How did your week go?