1. This water bottle for encouraging me to drink more water and for helping me work towards my zero waste goals.
2. This little girl and this floppy hat. Since moving here, I've had a lot of fun reconnecting with one of my friends of 20+ years. We haven't lived in the same state for most of our friendship and our weekly playdates have been great. Her kids are super kind, generous, loving souls who light up my morning (even if it's an ungodly hour).
3. Sisko thinks that running through gross water on the ground is the bee's knees, but getting a bath is the same as torture. It's a paradox that I'll never understand. At least he's clean and immune to fleas (and other critters) for the next four weeks.
4. I bought this necklace on final sale from Thredup. Unfortunately, they photographed it against a white background so I thought it was a white pendant. Alas, I now have a necklace with a mini animal skull on it. It's definitely not my style, but I have a friend who wants it.
5. Mr. Smith and I have designated Wednesday as our date night. Each time we pick a new restaurant to go try out and this time it was sushi. On the way out, I noticed these sculptured butts. I'm still not sure what to make of it...
6. I'm finding that I'm becoming much more "green" over time. My most recent obsession is waste reduction. Enter our new composter that lives under our tomato plants. I'll be writing a whole post about this, but I am super excited to be sending less waste out the door.
7. After finding the basics like groceries and yoga, our next project is to sample as much vegan food as possible. I'm allergic to dairy and, as a result, eating out can be a dangerous prospect. This week, we went to Beet Box. I had the avocado melt and Mr. Smith had the chickpea by the sea. Both were very good, but we preferred the avocado melt.
How was your week?